Sunday, February 22, 2009

Timing,Is Everything.

Having seen my potential "fuck off" day today scuppered by the rain on Wednesday there was now potential that Sundays 6th day of training would also fall by the wayside thanks to the rain.
I awoke around 8.30am to grey skies and rain.....great,I sat in the living room w/ my coffee,oj and banana reading my 07 and 08 diaries for the same upcoming week just for shits and giggles to remind myself what was going on this two years ago and again last year.
An hour later the rain had stopped.............yea!!!,no two bites at the cherry for moi,I was soon into my running gear and off out the door to get my five miler in and complete back to back 30 mile/3 repeat weeks.
The run it self was nondiscript,4 miles around the cinder track w/ half a mile up and back,done deal,the sun began peaking through the clouds at 3.5 miles and as the day wore on I realized how fortunate I was to have chosen then as my time to run as on and off showers seemed to dominate the remainder of the day.
I can look back on the week w/ great satisfaction,30 miles again and three very solid repeat workouts.
The next two weeks see me in compitition on Sunday,Masters Invitational 1,500m in Boston next Sunday and 800m at the MAC C,ships at my beloved Armory in my equally beloved New York City the following week.
If the status of entry on the USATF website for the upcoming Indoor Nationals is anything to go by the 800m is going to be a real dog fight so it,s imperative I maximize the upcoming weeks in training begining tomorrow w/ my 4x400m repeats w/ deminished recoveries.
No resting on my laurals of what I did this week,tomorrow sees a whole week and the need to bring my a game to the track in the evening.

No comments: