Thursday, February 19, 2009

That,s Brisk Baby

First and formost let me say right off the bat that,s not me trying to hook up an endorsement from Liptons it,s just a statement.....however should Liptons or any other company wish to sponser me I,m willing to listen to what they have to say we are afterall living in the days of the professional athlete,no more "under the table"payments,envelopes of cash being exchanged after meets{the chance would be a fine thing!}etc etc.
Following a rain day I was eager to have at it today,my first 2x1,000m repeats since Nov 7th,almost 15 weeks ago.
Dispite the sun being out and the temps in the low 40s that wind was cutting right through me and following my mile warm up it was decision time re what to wear come my repeats,I ditched my jacket and warm up bottoms in favour of running tights but kept a sweatshirt on over my long sleeve dri fit shirt.I didn,t want to risk getting sick now having being so careful yesterday not to run in the rain.
I set myself a target time of 3.00 per 1,000m factoring in,layoff,wind & cinder track,75,75,30 would cut the mustard and while I was miffed at yesterdays lost workout albeit a 5 mile recovery run I felt Gatorade bottle half full I was at least rested going into todays repeat.
I opened w/ a 74 second 400m,for once the pacing was as close to bda{balls dead acurate}as could be,76 seconds for my second 400m a 2.30 800m split and I locked up a 30 second closing 200m to clock 3.00.65 for my first 1,000m.
If I say say so myself that,s pretty good going,the question now was could I do it again?
Having thrown on my warm up bottoms to keep my legs from getting tight I elected to keep them on for the second 1,000m,the 13 minutes of time that had elapsed between the first and second was 13 mins of daylite and heat disappearing from the afternoon.
Woah Nelly!! 72 seconds to open my second 1,000m and trust me it wasn,t the wind at my back,I had to contend w/ a face full of wind on the home straight,77 seconds for the second lap,2.29 at 800m,could I go negative on #2???
Sadly no,I clocked a closing 200m in 31 seconds to register a 3.01.77,but all the same a feisty effort from the poster child of Feisty himself!!
A good evenings work.

No comments: