Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Get The Balance Right

A few weeks ago when the weather wasn,t so good I was lucky if I could get out and run,speed work was a pipe dream but then once the weather began to be less harsh I was able to get back into repeats and after a hard repeat workout it,s always nice to have a nice easy 5 miler the next day,today was one such day.
Ironic really I was afforded an easy running day after yet another "Wrigleys Mint Gum" day at work.....double your pleasure,double your fun.
Chris called out,he suffered that cruelest of fates yesterday having his home burgled,I swear were it not for bad luck that man would have no luck at all,come St Paddy,s Day I,m buying him a fuck off bowl of Shamrocks and Four Leaf Clovers cos he deserves all the luck in the world after what he,s been through these past twelve months.
My run was non discript, I enjoyed having the chance to let my mind wander off and think about my up coming races which became a post workout topic of discussion w/ GP.
I laid out my race tactics for Sunday,the following Sunday and Nationals,what was said was strictly between athlete and coach but we,re in agreement w/ my tactics.
We also joked about my hopes of running into the devine Ms Kara Goucher at this weekends USATF C,ships, I don,t think she,s running which is probably a blessing for all and sundry......but if you get to read this Kara please email me!!!!!
Back to running,tomorrow,s mile repeats,my bread and butter repeat....four slices thank you very much.

No comments: