Saturday, February 28, 2009

This Is Not A Drill So Prepare To Drop The Hammer.

Wow it,s been a while since I,ve gotten up early{7am}to conduct a run but w/ only a week left of winter this may be the status quo for the next several months.

I opted for an early morning run because like any given day you want to know the run has been taken care of and not have it hanging over you,the fact I,m traveling to Boston meant that w/ the run all done and dusted b4 I left I can now focus on my flight to Beantown and all that comes w/ it,checking into the hotel,getting my race credentials,getting a lie of the land{I,m no stranger to Boston so I know how to make my way around}etc.

I took this race on in January,having broken the 4.10 barrier w/ a 4.09.27. at The Armory,the next progressive step on the ladder is to run 4.05,I think there,s a very good chance of that tomorrow w/ the likes of Tony Young and Birger Ohlsson in the field.

Ken Stone of Masterstrack blog{he,s name checked me several times so I felt I should return the favour!!}has been fanning the flames of a world record attempt by Tony Young for the Masters 45-49 age group,the current world record is 4.02.24,the American record is 4.04.08 and I feel both could fall tomorrow afternoon,how close I can stick to Tony and Birger is very much the 64 billion dollar question as I,m gonna be running faster than I,ve ever ran b4 but I,ll never know unless I bite the bullet,besides looking at the bigger picture as is my proverbial won,t come summer and Worlds if I,m to stand any chance of making it on to the medal podium I,ll need to run faster than my current pr,s of 4.09 indoors and 4.10 outdoors,tomorrow serves as prep for that,afterall lest we forget
"The will to win means nothing w/out the will to prepare"and as a boy scout I was always taugh to "Be Prepared."

No comments: