Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Return Of The Thin White Duke

"So come back Billy,won't you come on home come back Mary,you've been away so long.
The streets are empty,and your mother's gone,the girl's are crying,it's been oh so long.
And your father's calling,come on home,won't you come on home,come on home.
Come back people,you've been gone a while,and the war is raging through the Emerald Isle.
That's flesh and blood man,that's flesh and blood all the girls are crying,but all's not lost.
The streets are empty,the streets are cold,won't you come on home,come on home.
The streets are empty life goes on, one day we'll return here,when the Belfast Child sings again"
Belfast Child Simple Minds

After the rancor that was my work day yesterday things settled down to near normal today,frankly the arse kickin' I took yesterday coupled w/ my 9 mile run and early nite set me up for a low key day today......minus my simmering/seething anger towards one individual who clearly was hip to that fact and gave me a wide berth and if he said ten words to me all day I'm being generous...it worked for me trust me!
I had to humble myself and apologize to somebody who bore the brunt of my anger yesterday,he was cool about it and realized I was having a bad day,eating humble pie is never easy but saying nothing when you know you were wrong is worse.

An easy 4 miler at Franklin Field this evening,complete w/ the three s's shorts,shades,short sleeves,can't recall a March where I've been able to rock the shorts look,thankfully there weren't too many people on hand to witness my paleness!!
So,hopefully I'm primed and ready for tomorrow,after two chances to take the club record at 2 miles were snatched out from under me in January and Febuary here's to third time's a charm and a belated St Paddy's Day,I always talk about "taping into the spirit of Eamonn Coghlan" when I run in New York so two days after St Patrick's Day and w/ a club record up for grabs,here's to another Chairman like performance tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck tonite-hope to see another jay-z post title :)