Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Givin' The Ipod A Good Workout

The week of Nationals,Indoor or Outdoors is always the same,I run the full spectrum of emotions,angst,nerves,tension,worry,excitement,etc etc.
As a wise man once told me in the week leading up to my first Penn Relays"you're not going to get any faster in the week of the race"so this week it's more about what I don't do.
Given the Style Councilesque nature of "My Ever Changing Moods"it's probably a solid bet that my trusty ipod will get quite the workout this week,having upgraded from 4gb to 16gb recently I now have more songs at my disposal and in a week when my moods change like the wind it's good to have more music to suit them.
The Battle Anthems"Fight The Power" Anthrex w/ Public Enemy,"Irish Blood English Heart"Morrissey"Pump Up The Volume"Colourbox,the mellow anything by Coldplay,the inspirational U2, The Cure, Inxs, and of course Jay Z,Linkin Park and Linkin Park and Jay Z together,seriously nothing gets my blood pumping like "Collision Course" a wicked mash up if ever there was one,but don't take this humble blogger's word for it,check it out for yourself.

After getting rained out yesterday I kept one eye on the sky today,trusty AOL Weather said 30% chance of precipitation in the afternoon and I kept having visions of getting home from work and the heavens opening.....no worries,the rain held off and I took care of my 9 miler w/ consumate ease,had today gotten rained out I was SOL for my 30 miles this week,which may not've been the end of the world but at least now that's one thing less to worry about in the lead up to Friday and Boston and my 4th Indoor Nationals.

No comments: