Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Blame It On The Rain

Well so much for today being the day to catapult me back into my regular routine,the alarm went off at 4.51am{I know madness!!do the good people in Strasbourg at the Court Of Human Rights" know this goes on???}up by 5.27am{god bless the snooze button,along w/ the dvr and ipod and pc the greatest invention since the wheel!!}and out by 5.35am,into work by 6.25am and the inevitable mound of emails on my work pc after 2 days off{48,of which 36 were instantly deleted}and of the 12 remaining I'd say half were work related half were personal.
As the morning wore on the back and forth of emails from my team mates kicked into overdrive,the 4x800m guys began mulling over a crack at the American Club Record for outdoors{since we OWN the World Record for indoors!!!} I believe a race is tentatively set for June.

It's also that time for me to draft an outdoor race schedule,I only raced 10 indoor races from December 6th to March 26th and Indoor Nationals so I'll use that as a blueprint for April thro mid July b4 Outdoor Nationals on July 22nd,I have a vague idea of the races/meets I'd like to run but as today's rain proved the best laid plans of mice and men....
So much for my 9 miler this evening and so much for the 70% chance of precipitation today,it rained all damn day and the wind driving it made for crappy conditions on the dock at work and no run when I got home....ger!
Should the weather behave for the rest of the week I can still get a 40 mile week in and my 5,000m race at Penn on Saturday,one of the 8 to 10 races I plan to run to get ready for Sacramento and Outdoor Nationals.
Let's hope for better conditions tomorrow.

No comments: