Thursday, March 25, 2010

Shippin' Up To Boston.............

But not looking for my wooden leg..............if you're a Dropkick Murphys fan you'll get that line if not don't worry,but it's no surprise I'm quoting the Dropkick Murphys if I'm heading to Boston.
Back in the day I ran three Boston Marathons,91,01,05,91 was at the time a pr{2.54.32.}all three were sub 3 hour.
In 07 after switching to track I began what has now become a rite of passage to visit Beantown each winter,sadly that run is about to come to an end,next years Indoor Nationals is in New Mexico and 2012 will be in Indianapolis so unless the USATF Indoor Nationals is held in Boston and there's a Masters Invitational at one of my distances my streak of visits to Boston each winter will end at four.

Last years Indoor Nationals at Landover saw me finally put together a decent Indoor Nationals,07 and 08 in Boston were very little to write home about,last year I finally put that to right but it'd be nice to do that in Boston,I have 2 runners up finishes at Masters Invitationals there in 07 and 09 but only a bronze from the 07 Indoor Nationals 800m to show for my four races in two years,Boston is my second favourite city behind New York{yes I gravitate towards Irish cities!!}and since Indoor Nationals may not return there till 2013 so it'd be nice to leave there this year w/ something to show for my 10 weeks of hard work.

No comments: