Thursday, March 4, 2010

Let The {Fun And} Games Begin

Easy 9 miler this evening as I wrapped up my 9th consecutive day of training,something I couldn't have imagined 4 to 6 weeks ago,another sign I'm back to where I should be,physically and mentally.
I'm looking forward to a rest day tomorrow so I can be fresh and race ready for Saturday,I'm still on tap for another 40 mile week.
I had to register online for the Eastern Regional Open C'ships aka the Mac C'ships,not sure how that changed in the last week and a half or so but it's done now,the deadline for entries is tomorrow at 11am,as of now there are 11 of us in the open 3,000m w/ a range from 8.31 to 11.22,I only saw 2 or 3 other age group entrants,I'll probably be the old man of the field but that's ok, a few weeks back my good friend Francis Burdett ran a 8.58 3,000m at Harvard in an open meet,he finished 9th but was the first masters runner,hopefully that's a good omen for me,clearly it worked for Francis as he won Gold today at the World Indoor Masters M,45,another of my friends and in the case of Nick in the M40 800 team mate won Gold yesterday,congrats to them.
Yes I wanted to be there originally but between the achilles injury last summer, and how slow my return to full training was not to mention the lack of funds to go to Kamloops there was no Indoor worlds for me this year,granted a disappointment but if my next three races at Eastern Regionals Open,Frontrunners and Indoor Nationals go to plan the disappointment of not going to Worlds will be considerably less.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eating Kit Kats in Kamloops...
Good luck in the 3K!
-Francis

kevin f forde said...

Hope you didn't get chocolate all over the keys typing this!!
Congrats on your Gold,always thought of you as a Kit Kat eating World Champion not a 3,000m World Champs...........Congrats
Slanite