Sunday, March 21, 2010

All Roads Lead To Boston

"Don't pity this poor immigrant my eyes were open when I caught the boat
All I wanted was your shelter and maybe just a little hope
But you turned your anger on me for the courage that you lack I don't want your half arsed freedom you can have the whole deal back
So now I'll tell you something let's get this straight from the start don't call me harp"
Harp Stiff Little Fingers

And so Irish week comes to an end but the spirit of Pale,Paddy and Proud lives on!!!
Like last week a 10 miler to round out the week,but in keeping w/ the taper mentality 40 miles this week.
Conditions were sunny and warm when I hit Cobbs Creek Parkway at 11.35am,like yesterday I opted for my sleeveless shirt,and like yesterday it was suitably drenched in sweat b4 the end of the run.
If yesterday had been an easy run today was a notch above as I cranked up the intensity on the uphills today,it's a mark of how far I've come in the last 10 weeks,through all of December and the first two weeks of January I managed only 51 miles in 6 weeks,over the last 10 weeks I've gone27,30,30,30,30,40,36,40,50,40,take the 6 lowest weeks and it comes out to 183 miles, or the difference between a 10.16. 3,000m on Jan 4th and a 9.13.6. on March 6th.

This coming week is all about containing my energies for the up coming weekend and Indoor Nationals in Boston,a lot of rest,plenty of hydration and fluids and 4 easy runs Monday through Thursday b4 flying up to Boston Friday morning.

No comments: