Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cravin' Pizza

Another easy 9 miler this evening,this time under clear blue skies which saw me back in shades,shortsleeves and shorts mode as I did my extended out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway,funny to think it'll be Monday b4 I next get out there again.

Two more days till Indoor Nationals and four more days till I get to sample the joys of Pizza and Ice cream again,I always give them and Mexican food up in my build up to a major championship and while there's no scientific evidence that not eating them helps my performance level it's a ritual I've gone through over the years not just in track but back in my distance running years.
There's something quite rewarding about tucking into a Pizza after my major races,a sence of having earnt it,but given the busy April schedule I've lined up for myself there won't be much in the way of making up for lost time so I'll have to make the most of Sunday's Pizza and Ice Cream and Monday's Mexican and Ice Cream.

I got so caught up in my run this evening that it wasn't till I got home that I though about the FA Cup 1/4 final replay between Spurs and Fulham, a quick check of the pc and .....joy Spurs 3 Fulham 1 and we're into the semi finals on April 11th...I feel a song coming on..........
"You are my Tottenham,my only Tottenham,you make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never dear how much I love you,till they've taken my Tottenham away"
C'MON YOU SPURS!!

No comments: