Monday, March 8, 2010

New Shoes

"Hey I put some new shoes on and suddenly everything is right,I said,hey I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling it's so inviting
Oh short on money but long on time slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,and I'm running late and I don't need an excuse cause I 'm wearing my brand new shoes"
New Shoes Paolo Nutini

As you may've gathered I broke in new running shoes today,after racking up 440 miles on my last pair of shoes it was time to get a new pair and after 9 years of being an Asics man I switched to Under Armour.
Why the change? well after my injury last year Asics didn't feel they wanted to continue to endorse me so I switched to Under Armour................ok so that's bollocks!!!,the truth is w/ increased milege from here on in I wanted a slightly lighter pair of shoes my old Asics were 12oz where as the Under Armour Spectre were 11 oz....and the fact a $90 pair of shoes were going for $50 also swayed me,who knows if I stick w/ Under Armour or return to Asics but for the next few months it'll be Under Armour.

Armed w/ my new shoes I hit the out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway for my first of five 8 milers hopefully between today and Friday,I say hopefully because there's talk of rain on Friday but we'll cross,burn,jump,paint that bridge nearer the time,as for today it was clear blue skies and temps in the upper 50s this afternoon.
I was tempted to ditch my jacket this evening but kept it on albeit w/ my sleeves rolled up,I was able to ditch my tights for the first time this year,hard to believe it's early March...clearly mother nature has worked on her pr after a brutal Febuary!!!

Took things easy this evening,not sure if my legs were feeling a tad tender from Saturdays race{sidebar kudos to Chuck for posting my 3,000m on the club records section of the clubs website and for Dave for giving my record a write up, check it out if you like http://www.greaterphiladelphiatc.com/} and or I was feeling the effect of a 40 mile week but as the week goes on I'll look to up the tempo,the whole point of this week is to get 5 x8 milers in Monday through Friday b4 hitting Lower Merion High School Saturday for 5x1,000m repeats.
Well that's it for now,I'm off to enjoy my guiltiest of guilty pleasures...........no don't go there! "Gossip Girl"returns at 9pm,what can I say Chuck Bass is my hero!!!
You Know You Love Me
xoxo

2 comments:

The Laminator said...

Hey! New shoes are always a reason to celebrate...hope they serve you well. And thanks for all the compliments you've thrown my way...even though I'm not so sure I'm so deserving!

kevin f forde said...

Lam,
anyone who cites Frank McCourt is so deseving in my book and thanks for giving me another blog to follow.