Tuesday, March 9, 2010

No Jacket Required

Another 8 miler,another glorious afternoon to run it in,so glorious in fact I ditched my jacket,judging by how sweat soaked my dri fit shirt was at the end of the run it was the right choice.
If I was guilty of downshifting a gear yesterday due to tenderness in my legs today I kicked it up a notch,I could feel on the outbound 4 miles I was cruising at a decent speed and after the turn around I was able to maintain that speed,and also still have some juice at the finish.

I've gotten a lot of props from my team mates for Saturday's pr/club record,several emails and a phone call,it's a far cry from last summer when I got injured and felt like nobody wanted to know me.
Granted I'm in much better head space now than last June,I'm healthy and injury free and running well but I want to go on record and say how much I love my team mates,to me we are every bit what a team should be,we're there for each other,we like hanging out together and we're supportive of one another,I'm sure that's the way NY Flyers,CPTC,Shore AC feel but it's a unique feeling.
Bob Mc and Nick two of my fellow World Record 4x800m team mates were very encouraging w/ their emails telling me it was good to see me back to my old self,those guys were there at the high point when we broke the World Record on Dec 27th and the low point my god awful Hartshorne Masters Mile on Jan 23rd,I'm looking forward to seeing them and the rest of the Greater Philly Track Club posse in Boston,hanging out at the track,watching each other run maybe having dinner together and in some cases racing against each other and w/ each other in a relay,the club's come a long way since my first Indoor Nationals in Boston 07 when the entire team was Ray and I.

No comments: