Friday, March 12, 2010

Suck It Or Suck It Up

Given the way my day was going I could've been forgiven for thinking a run was not on the cards,against a back drop of steady rain throughout the day I also had to contend w/ getting beaned on the head by an industrial size roll of saran wrap which then landed squarely and unfairly on my knee cap{7am is never too early to let rip w/ a full blooded torrent of celtic black hearted paganism's....trust me!}
At lunch time I chipped a tooth and nearly choked on my oatmeal and w/ the rain still coming down it wasn't looking like a run to elevate any of my woes was going to happen.
At least I was able to watch the morning session of the World Indoor C'ships online,alas Direct TV doesn't carry Universal Sports so actually watching them on tv this weekend isn't going to happen which kinds sucks,it's a World Championship and it's not on regular tv,I'm grateful to universal sports.com for being able to cop it online at work,not sure it'll be possible at home over the weekend due to having slow arse dial up....heyho!
Anywho big ups to David Gillick for reaching the 400m semis,if he could medal that'd be awesome
Back to my day sucking Nick Symonds got DQed in the opening round of the 800m for a lane violation,he was a legit medal contender in Sunday's final in my opinion.

On the walk home from the el stop the rain had stopped/eased off,I didn't need to think twice,I got home by 4.25pm and was changed and out to run by 4.35pm,I was going to have my 5th 8 miler and if the weather goes tits up over the weekend I at least have another 40 mile week in the books.
Amazingly after yesterday's "grind it out" 8 miler I glided through today's run,maybe it was the two hour power nap after yesterday's run that helped,{it helped stay up till 11pm to catch back to back episodes of "Archer" on FX possibly the funniest show on tv right now}but whatever it was I felt comfortable out there today.
That said after the turn around I was fighting a head wind and a steadier down fall of rain,it's been a while since I've had to battle the elements and again it's a testimony to me on how far I've come over the last 9 weeks that I was able to deal w/ it.

The 64 billion dollar question is what will the weather do tomorrow? if it's pissing down forget it,if it only rains like it did during my run this evening I'll make the trip to Lower Merion for my 5x1,000m.
Expanding the "Blueprint" if I can't run tomorrow then Sunday I may go for a 10 miler to give me 50 miles for the week,the whole point of this week was to do my 5x1,000m after my 5x8 miles,if I have to take a rest day in between then why bother,I'd rather go for the half century for the week and then nail a 5x1,000m on Monday giving me my hard track workout 4 days b4 my crack at the 2 mile club record next Friday at The Armory.

No comments: