Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time Waits For No Man

I must be getting wiser in my old age,not only did I get my hard work out for the week in on Monday but I also cut back my workout today four days b4 my race.
Just like my aborted attempt to run 2 miles on Feb 11th 2 days b4 I opted for a tempo run,same mileage as my 6x600m workout but w/ less effort,mile warm up,2 mile tempo run alternating laps,steady,fast,mile cool down.

Making life easier on me this evening although more by accident than design was the fact I'd left my stop watch/watches at home,this was an over sight I hasten to add,last nite I was taking multitasking to a whole new level:eating dinner,writing my blog,sending emails,downloading the new 9.0 ipod software so I can sync my new 16GB ipod,and watch the Ireland Brazil game,surfice to say when I crashed out at 10am I'd overlooked putting my watches into my running bag,an oversight I didn't realize till 5.35am as I left for work,I wasn't going to miss my bus by high tailing it back for them,nor was I going to either switch the workout to tomorrow or blow it off,I'd just have to do the alternate laps the old fashioned way....count them off.

One thing that did go right today was the weather,the touted snow turning to rain never materialized and although the skies were overcast when I hit the track at 5pm it was still mild enough to keep my ski hat and gloves in my bag.
For what it's worth my 200m splits on laps 2,4,6 and 8 were:42/35,42/33,41/32,40/34,like I said it wasn't an exact science,who knows what they actually were but as long as I can deliver 36 second splits per lap on Saturday that's what really matters.

No comments: