Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Get In,Get Out Of The Rain

For a few seconds on the way home it looked like lightning would strike twice w/in a week and I'd get rained out on a Tuesday,however it wasn't to be and I was changed and out the door by 4.50pm to conduct my 9 miler,complete w/ baseball cap on me bonce just in case it did rain.
There were intermittent spots of rain on the way out and back but nothing that would be of major concern and certainly nothing that would've made canceling the run an option.

It's amazing to me how easily I've made the transition to 8 and 9 milers in recent weeks,I've come a long way from the guy who huffed his way through his first 6 miler in eight months back on Jan 8th.
I added an extra wrinkle to tonite's run,during my week of back and forth 8 milers along CCP I used the hill opposite Catherine St each time I passed it to give me 4 up hills and four down hills,I thought about adding it over the weekend but opted against it,tonite and from now on on my way out and on my way back I'll utilize it.

Clearly tomorrow's forecast is a concern,snow turning to rain,I will pack my bag tonite w/ every intention of hitting Franklin Field on the way home for my tempo run,but we'll have to play it by ear and see what conditions are like,having had to squeeze all of Febuary's training into 5 day training weeks I'd like to start as I mean to go on in March and get back to the more traditional six days a week

No comments: