Monday, March 22, 2010

Strange Day

"And I laugh as I drift in the wind blind dancing on a beach of stone
Cherish the faces as they wait for the end a sudden hush across the water and we're here again
And the sand and the sea grows I close my eyes moving slowly through drowning waves
Going away on a strange day"
Strange Day The Cure

From the time I woke up this morning it was a strange day,remember a week and a half ago when I mentioned getting beaned in the head and then the knee when a roll of industrial size saran wrap rolled off the cage and fell on me....well the first thing I felt this morning b4 my feet touched the ground was a tenderness in my right knee,I swear I'm not making this up!!!
Then as I returned from the OR I get on the elevator w/ a med student who proceeds to start sneezing,this is all I need the week of Nationals!!!
Any morning I click on My AOL to check the weather and it says 100% chance of precipitation I realize the chances of me running are slim to none.....and then it dawned on me as I recalibrate my weekly mileage minus today.....that in my haste to pad my mileage leading upto Indoor Nationals this weekend I hadn't factored in a rest day....DOH!!!

Mother Nature took care of that little problem for me,I can still hit 32 miles this week even w/ three races over the weekend,I did toy w/ the idea of trying to get out there this evening but not only did the weather seem to change every five minutes but also due to a lot of running around this weekend I hadn't hit the food store{another plus of not running this evening,groceries!}
Seriously trying to run 9 miles w/ only a Banana to eat all day is hardly a good idea any week much less the week of Nationals,but hopefully all the craziness is behind me now.

One good note today,my application for an invitation to run the University Of Penn track meet on Saturday April 3rd has been accepted.
Given I do 90% of my track repeats at Franklin field and I can now race there is in a word supercalifragalisticexbealidoshes...........let's see Spell Check check that!!!{no suggestions...really!}
To do justice to all that in tails requires more focus than I'm prepared to give,b4 the U Penn 5,000m there's the Indoor Nationals 3,000m,mile and 800m,this time next week when Indoor Nationals is over I'll begin to focus on the outdoor season and my first 5,000m race since 05.

No comments: