Friday, January 21, 2011

For The Love Of It

As is my won't the day after the Thursday Nite Races in New York I took the day off,bugger getting home at 12am and getting up by 5am and w/ beaucoup pto{paid time off} after 11 years at my job I requested a day off.
The lie in was nice but I had stuff to do today including taking Precious to the vets for her jabs.
She's young she's only six months old and given she was a stray I felt it prudent to take her to the vets to get her checked out,the bill came to $465 which is a lot of money and puts a serious dent into my Australia 2014 fund but pets are like kids,you shouldn't have them if you're not going to take care of them so I don't begrudge dropping that kind of money on her today.
I was impressed how well she took the whole experience and was well behaved throughout,we have to go back again on Feb 16th so she can be spayed which will be more money but she's such a "daddy's girl"I don't mind dropping more money on her well being,the thing about pets is they love you unconditionally no matter what and for the past 16 years my other cat Hobbes has been there for me through the highs and lows and everything life has thrown at me good and bad,if Precious can do likewise I will be doubly blessed.

Went "old school"for my run this afternoon,an out and back 10 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway to put me at 34 miles for the week.
I would've preferred a track repeat or even hill repeat tomorrow but another light dusting of snow this morning and an Arctic chill tomorrow mean it's more likely I'll throw in another 10 miler tomorrow,the prospect of standing around in sub zero temps does little for me so an out and back 10 miles seems the better way to go,I think it'll be mid afternoon to try and maximize the heat if 25 degrees can be considered heat.

I'll also hope to avoid another near spill on the ice exiting Cobbs Creek Park,I took my eye off the ground to look up at the traffic and felt my feet skid out from under me,only my keen catlike reflexes and my semester of interpretive dance kept me upright...but did earn me a 8.5 for style from the truck driver at the lights...and they said taking interpretative dance would never come in useful....ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now thats pretty damn funny!!
Interpretive dance !!
Nearly spit out my coffee on that one! Crack me up

All those miles - maybe that's the key. I should try it too.