Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another Half Century

Even w/ losing two days to the snow and only being able to log two miles on Friday either side of my 400m at Millrose I still managed to log a 50 mile week thanks to a 13 miler today.
I forgot to mention yesterday I broke in my new running shoes,a rather snazzy pair of red Asics Gel Speedstars,the snow might not have been the ideal conditions for new shoes but at least w/ brand new tread to break in the conditions under foot weren't as bad to deal w/.

Set off around 10.45am,sunny and 35 degrees it was nice not to be doing the double layers again,I for one won't be sorry to see the back of January after tomorrow and while I haven't been on an outdoor track since December 24th remarkably over the last four weeks I've been able to log weeks of 55,60,50 and 50 miles while also throwing in 4 races,not bad if I say so myself.

Ran into my good bud Seano just b4 my turnaround out on Kelly Drive,he was on his way inbound from his 12 miler so we ran the rest of Kelly Dr and the Schuylkill Banks together and shot the proverbial.
One plus of being out at 10.45am was I wasn't subjected to a humiliating 4.0 Spurs defeat to Fulham in the FA Cup,bit of a mixed bag this weekend on the sporting front Andy Murray lost the Australian Open final,and England lost the One Day Series in cricket to Australia while Australia lost the Asian Cup final to Japan....oh yeah Six Nations Rugby kicks off next weekend.

No comments: