Monday, January 17, 2011

The Love Cat


"so wonderfully,wonderfully,wonderfully,
wonderfully pretty,oh you know that I'd do anything for you,should we have each other for dinner,should we have each other for tea,let's curl up by the fire sit up for a while it's the grooviest thing it's the perfect dream,hand in hand it's the only way to land and always the right way round,miss you hiss the love cats"
Love Cats-The Cure
I realize yesterday was my first blog reference to Precious my new kitten,I've had her for a month but until today it was touch and go if I could keep her as my landlord and I failed to see eye to eye on my rescuing a stray cat,after threats,counter threats and on his part ultimatums a deal was struck and Precious stays w/ me and her big brother Hobbes,it's a huge load off my mind,the prospect of having to give her away didn't sit well,it's been 16 years since I've had a young cat and I'd forgotten how much fun they can be to have around,right now she's curled up on my desk between the keyboard and monitor her favourite spot....she's soo cute....and w/ that now she's awake,so cute and so unpredictable...and so like a cat!!!
And from the warm and fuzzy to the cold and harsh,10 miles to kick off the week,according to good old Peco Tower it was 26 degrees this evening,probably the coldest evening since December 16th when it was 24 degrees and snowing the nite we took Precious in but that said it didn't feel that bad,I got a jump start on my run by 4.20pm which makes all the difference over 10 miles.
In an ideal world I'd like to run 8 miles tomorrow and take Wednesday off prior to the race..however there's talk of snow,sleet,winter mix and good old fashioned rain,I'm liking the whole rain idea if it'll get rid of the snow but it could kybosh my run,fingers crossed the rain will have quit by the time I get home so I can get out and run,I think I've used up all my prayers and wishes of late to keep the kitty cat so I'll have to wing it on the weather.

No comments: