Wednesday, January 5, 2011

If It's The First Wednesday Of January.......

That means a trip up the Jersey Turnpike to the New York Armory for the first of the Thursday Nite At The Races.
W/ the notable exception of the 08 season when I was recovering from my stress fracture I've faithfully made the short pilgrimage up to New York for the Thursday Nite meets,The Armory is the best indoor track I've had the good fortune to run on since my 06 debut at the Mac C'ships and I seldom baulk at a chance to run there.
In 07 I ran a then pr there in the mile on opening nite,4.33.0 and two years later I went 4.28.1 which still ranks as my track mile pr,we'll have to see what tomorrow night brings...

As for today it was another easy 8 miler,the calf and hammy are down to a two on the discomfort meter,I'll make sure to stretch b4 and after the race.
Were this a regular week and not one w/ two races in three days either today or Friday would've been a rest day but if I want to log 55 miles and still get both races in no dice,at least after this week my race schedule is a little more conventional,ie only one race a week but since I wanted to throw my bandanna in to the ring for a place on the Millrose relay then I had no choice but to rebound and run a 400m on Saturday but one race at a time the mile in my home away from home in New York City first.

No comments: