Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More Of The Same.

Another easy 8 miler in mild conditions this evening.
The good news is my calf and hamstring feel much better,on a scale of one to ten yesterday I was probably at six,today four,if I get down to two tomorrow I'll be happy going into Thursday and my season debut at The Armory.

It's two weeks now since Winter Solstice and it's noticeable that the evenings are staying lighter just that little bit longer,I can get down to the South St bridge and the banks while there's still daylight,it may not sound like a lot but when you can get half way through an 8 miler in the daylight in winter that's a huge psychological advantage.

Crossing South St bridge this evening I though I was going to get hosed by my nemesis the CSX Freight train again however by the time I came out from Markward Playgrounds I saw the final freight car rumble through the crossing at Locust St...no detour tonite!
Talking of South St bridge I omitted this from yesterdays entry,as I was heading back over the bridge on my inbound leg I felt someone trying to overtake me on my left hand side,my first instinct was to hold him off but the last thing I needed three days b4 a race was a needless"pissing contest" so I let him go....or so I thought,we both sped up to beat the lights at the I76 off ramp and next thing I knew as Franklin Field loomed in the distance was me reeling him in and then over taking him,I thought he'd hung a right at 34th St at first until heading up Spruce St when I heard footsteps again,had I not hung a left at Hamilton Walk as is my wont I think we'd have been battling it out up Spruce St,good to know that even after no races on the track since Aug 15th or any race since Nov 20th that my race instincts are primed and ready for Thursday.

No comments: