Saturday, January 15, 2011

Staying On Pace

Even though I lost both my scheduled repeat workouts this week I kept myself on pace for another 60 mile week.
W/ another 10 miler on tap today I set off just b4 noon,a combination of a lie in till 10.40am{yeah I know,lazy little toe rag but I had just worked my first 5 day work week in five weeks}plus I wanted to let the mercury rise a little.
It's amazing to cross the Schuylkill River on South Street bridge and see it frozen in large areas,you know it's cold when the river is frozen!

Full credit to whoever clears off the Schuylkill Banks and Kelly and West River drives after any of the recent snowfalls,I'm not the only runner out there on a daily basis so kudos to the powers that be for helping like minded souls such as myself for being able to get out there day after day....maybe I could ask a couple of them to clear off the Temple track for me!!!

The question of the day tomorrow is what time do I do my 16 miler?the conventional 10.30am may still be a little on the brisk side plus Spurs play Man Utd at 11am,so holding off until 1pm might work out better all around,I have a free afternoon so a slightly later start isn't the be all and end all.....six months from now I'll no doubt be getting up early to beat the heat.....something to ponder as we're half way through January.

No comments: