Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome To The New Year

New Years Day,a chance to look ahead to the new year and plan how you'd like the next twelve months to play out.
I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out the biggest thing on my 2011 schedule is the World Championships in Sacramento this July,and everything I do between now and then is to get me ready for that,in fairness everything I've done since October has been geared towards early July.
Indoor season kicks off in earnest on Thursday nite at The Armory in New York,it'll be a strange indoor season knowing there'll be no Indoor Nationals to compeat in,I'm not heading to New Mexico in early March so my indoor season will be between 6 and 8 races between 400m and 3,000m to get some speed to go w/ the strength I've built up over the past few months and give myself a solid foundation heading in to April and the outdoor season.

Used today as my long run and logged my 16 miler as I begin to taper heading to Thursday,12 miler on tap tomorrow to round out at 50 miles.

No comments: