Friday, January 14, 2011

Smarter Than The Average Possum


Having remained on pace for a 60 mile week I had a choice today another 8 miler today and a 12 miler tomorrow,or 10 miles today,10 miles tomorrow,either way by tomorrow I'd be at 44 miles w/ a 16 miler on Saturday.
Today wasn't as cold as predicted or as yesterday for that matter,however I was taking no chances as I doubled up on gloves and socks and threw on a hooded sweatshirt over my jacket,frankly I didn't need them,as I passed trusty Peco Tower on the inbound leg I saw 31 degrees,yesterday began at 29 but ended at 28 degrees.
I toyed w/ making today another 8 miler to combat the so called colder conditions and utilizing having all day tomorrow to go longer to make up for it but aside from being warmer I also ducked out of work 20 mins earlier today,normally I'm the poster child for milking the clock for all it's worth but I felt it prudent to duck out a little earlier today and get the 10 miler in,I need to get back into the routine of 10 milers plus tomorrow I have a project on tap for the afternoon that will be time consuming so 10 milers today and tomorrow over 8 and 12 free up a little more precious time tomorrow.
Today was my first 5 day work week in five weeks due to days off and the holidays,and it could be the last one for a few weeks,I'm off next Friday after the 5,000m at The Armory,the following Friday is Millrose and it looks like I could be going after all{more on that to come}the following week I could be on my way to Boston for the Masters Mile at the Reebok Games{more on that to come also} and then the following week it's week #3 of the Thursday Nite Series and another Friday off.

No comments: