Monday, January 24, 2011

Mental Toughness

I'm not one for tooting my own horn,nor breaking my hand patting myself on the back but to get out there and run 10 miles today when it was only 23 degrees took some doing.
As the deep freeze continued I didn't have the luxury of a mid afternoon run today like I did the last three days and for a while I did consider making this one of my 6 milers especially when I hit Franklin Field and my finger tips were starting to get numb but I'm not known for bottling out nor did I want to screw up my taper for Millrose for Friday so I stuck to my plans for a 10 miler today w/ the hope that the weather holds so that the next three days I can go 9,6,6.

A couple of noteworthy observations along Schuylkill Banks on my way to the 5 mile turn around at Girard Avenue bridge,the Peco Tower revealed 5.07pm and 23 degrees,the interesting thing was at 5.07pm it was still daylight and when I made the turn at Girard Bridge it was still daylight,something I haven't experienced for a while on a 10 miler when I set off at 4.40pm,the other remarkable thing was on the inbound leg was seeing the temperature go up a degree to 24 degrees,even at 24 degrees it was still cold but over the past few days I've been able to deal w/ the cold...at least it warms up over the next few days...let's just hope the snow doesn't bollocks things up.

No comments: