Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Making A Splash

Credit where it's due the weather people got it right today,snow,winter mix,rain and all over by 3pm which allowed me the chance to run this evening.
Opted for 8 miles,aside from scaling back prior to my race I also need to keep an eye on the weekly total if I want to hit 60 miles again this week,it's always a tough sell the week of a race when obviously my mileage takes a hit but thanks to running a 5,000m on Thursday I won't have to tweak it too much.
It'll be strange not running tomorrow but I feel a day off prior to my race will serve me well and then it'll be the now time honoured"wait and see" what the next weather system working it's way up from the south has in store,after all that rain today I had hoped a trip to the track was on tap for Saturday but that could all be for naught if it snows on Friday morning but rather than get too far ahead of myself let me focus on Thursday's race first and go from there.

No comments: