Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'd Rather Switch Than Bitch

I've said on countless occasions in my blog that I prefer to get my run taken care of first thing rather than have it hanging over my head and while I'm loathe to push my run back to the afternoon on the weekends I also don't like freezing my nads off either so when I awoke to 19 degrees at 9am the prospect of my 10 miler anytime b4 the afternoon was remote to say the least.

W/ a few hours to kill I tackled my "to do list" which included chores and food shopping,part of my chore list included picking up the next two blank tapes for my next two mix tapes having just completed "Misses 10" a mix of the bands I wanted to see live last year but missed and "Two Tickets To Paradise"a mix of movie soundtracks,I'm very pleased w/ the movie soundtrack mix maybe tomorrow I'll write out what went on there.
My other chore was snagging my first concert ticket of the year,The Church are coming to The Troc on Feb 15th to perform three of their albums "Untitled 23""Priest=Aura" and their 88 breakout album "Starfish" which was the album that introduced me to them w/ the subliminal "Under The Milky Way"looking forward to that.

A whopping 23 degrees when I set off just b4 3pm,if I'm not mistaken 23 degrees is probably the coldest day I've ran in all winter....and Monday is expected to be 21....yea!
Made sure to bundle up two pairs of gloves,two pairs of socks and a sweatshirt over my jacket,it may've been overkill but I was taking no chances.
At least the sun was out and the wind was calm and unlike yesterday I didn't slip on the ice coming out of Cobbs Creek Park.
Another out and back 10 miler along CCP today to put me at 44 miles for the week w/ tomorrow's 16 miler on tap to round out another 60 mile week.
In spite of the fact the Newcastle Spurs game kicked off at 10am I waited till 5pm to watch it w/out checking the result and was rewarded for my patience when Arron Lennon fired an injury time equalizer to give Spurs a well earned point for a 1.1 draw{tie for my American readership} and reward the Spurs faithful who made the long journey from London up to the north east of England.

No comments: