Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Blistered,Not Blistering



I believe it was Dolly Parton who once sang"you can't have the rainbow w/out the rain" and while not the greatest Dolly Parton fan I apreciate the sentiment.
Sometimes you need a sub par performance to appreciate the good ones that went b4 it.
Having slowly built up my repeats over the last few weeks and lowered each of them,6x600m,200m,300m,400,600m ladder,5x3x300m,4x1mile and 5x1,000m it would've been nice to continue in that fashion.....however having to take a brake from repeats for twelve days to work some races into my schedule meant my last two repeats weren't a continuation of the previous weeks of good work.

Granted yesterday was a hot one,how hot? well I blisterd my toes again like I did on May 29th on my 5x3x300m repeats,I only have two more schedule midweek repeats between now and Nationals{six weeks from Thursday}but I may have to consider my new Saucony Kinvara's over my Hittori's if those two afternoons are hot enough to blister my feet,at least w/ my weekend 6x600s I can get to the track by mid morning and not the middle of the afternoon.

Opening in 5.06.2 was nice....it'd would have been even nicer to have held that pace,maybe I'm not there just yet,and maybe just maybe the heat sapped my strength over the next three mile repeats,maybe I wasn't as focused as I should be,you can't just "dial it in" you have to focus on each lap of each repeat and maybe the heat,the feeling I might be blistering and having to weave in and out of two groups of runners on the track and just not being "on top of my game on the day" resulted in the subsequent 5.14.3-5.26.0-5.23.1
There's always next time,blisters aside I should be out for my easy/recovery six miler this evening and come Saturday I want a crack at better 6x600s than last Sunday.

No comments: