Friday, June 8, 2012

Next Stop,Tracktown USA


Little by little over the past few years I've systematically crossed off several of my"running to do"items on my list,as a marathon runner between 85-05 I ran 26.2 in London,New York,Boston,Chicago and Athens.
When I returned to my first love track in 06 I began a new list and over the last six years I have:ran Penn Relays,ran Millrose Games,medaled at the Millrose Games,become a National Champion,won 5th Avenue Mile,set a world record......

That just leaves three things,become World Champion,win an Indoor Nationals title and run at famed Haywards Field in Eugene Oregon,today I moved one step closer to the later.
Next month the annual Hayward Classic now in it's 30th year takes place there and I'll be there having just booked my flight and hotel,all that remains is to mail off my entry form by June 25th.

I'm excited to run where Pre ran so many of his great races,granted it won't be a Masters invitational at the US Olympic trails a la 2008 w/ the 3,000m or the World Championship trials last year w/ the 1,500m but that's ok I'm just delighted to have the chance to not only finally run there but also cross off another of my "running to do"items......and then start working on the final two!!

No comments: