Friday, June 22, 2012

Getting It Done In The Sun



I believe there's line in a musical that goes"only mad dogs and englishmen go out in the midday sun"......I guess you can add runners to that list too!!
Inspite of a scorching 97 degrees at 4pm I hit the Art Museum Loop....but NOT to do a tempo run!
I'm no stranger to running in Philadelphia summers over the past dozen or so years but I'm also astute enough to know how to run, a tempo run in those conditions would've been borderline dangerous so I opted for an easy eight....technically 8.4 miles in order to keep my weekly mpw on tap for 40mpw,w/ Nationals now six weeks away and my traditional taper three weeks off it would be nice to make the most of the last three weeks of 40mpw.....but sometimes in order to do that you have to be a little more cautious than usual in order to have another day.

I didn't start seeing other runners untill I crossed over Falls Bridge and headed down Kelly Drive,there was something reasuring about not being the only one of "my kind" to be out there in the broiling heat,by our very own defination we as runners are "strange birds".....but as the saying goes "birds of a feather stick together"
A well earnt rest day tomorrow b4 taking on 6x600m repeats Saturday morning and hopefully reversing the outcome of my last two repeats.

No comments: