Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Long To Reign Over Us



It would be remiss of me not to mention the current celebrations going on back home in London for the Diamond Jubilee to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's 60 years as head of the monarchy.
I have vague recolections of the Silver Jubilee in 1977,I was a punk 13 year old kid who couldn't give a toss that she'd been Queen for 25 years,fast forwarding 25 years years to 2002 and the Golden Jubilee at 38 I had a more respectable attitude towards things but in truth only glanced at the celebrations on tv.
Maybe now 10 years later I have a better appreciation for the fact Elizabeth has reigned for 60 years,the fact my recently acquired 46'' flat screen HD tv allows me to enjoy the celebrations much better then ever b4 doesn't hurt but deep down I know there may not be a 70 year much less 75th Jubilee celebration so I should take advantage of watching history now rather than on the History Channel as a retrospective celebration on the life of Queen Elizabeth II

No comments: