Monday, July 30, 2012

Bloody Good Show



No shame in my game,I'm still recovering from Friday's stunning London Olympic ceremony,I think Seb Coe{Lord Coe if we're being prim and proper thank you ever so much!} summed it up best when he said"never have I been so proud to be British"....and this is a former two time Olympic gold medalist!!!
Beijing was always going to be a tough act to follow,talk about setting the bar high but the organizers of London 2012 did a bang up job in my humble opinion and there were monents that had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat,even though I'm very much "at home" here in America after a quarter of a century this October London will ALWAYS be home for me after being born and raised there for the best part of 24 years so it's no surprise this Olympics takes on a little more significence for yours truly.
When there's so much crap going on in the world the fact athletes of different colours,creeds,religions etc can come together for 17 days and compete as one is a beautiful thing and I make no apologies for my sentiment where the Olympic games or the Olympic movement are concerned,it is as I always say"The Greatest Show On Earth"

Hard as it was to pry myself off the recliner yesterday I completed my 14th set of 6x600m repeats in 16 weeks to wrap my training for Nationals.
Overall I was reasonably pleased w/ my performance it ranked #3 fastest of the 14 since my first tentative set back on April 14th and I feel I've done everything I can to be ready for the 800m prelims on Thursday and hopefully 800m final on Saturday afternoon,note to self download "Chariots Of Fire" to the ipod b4 leaving on Wednesday morning.....

No comments: