Friday, July 27, 2012

Y'all Ready For This!!!



Well folks it's here,"The Greatest Show On Earth" the Summer Olympics rolls into my former home town of London tonite for two weeks.
It seems hard to believe it's been seven years since the IOC{International Olympic Committee} voted for London over Paris to host the 2012 games and after much work we're hours away from in my opinion the greatest event in the world.

I love the Summer Olympics maybe it's because my running career began in the summer of 1976 as a high school freshman the same year as the Montreal games but since then every four years in Moscow,Los Angeles,Seoul,Barcelona,Atlanta,Sydney,Athens and Beijing everything grinds to a hault for two weeks especially the second week when the track and field kicks off,in 84,04,08 and again this year I will be taking the second week of the Olympics off work to fully observe the track and field events.

Of course w/ a five hour time difference again a la Athens I'll have to avoid the news,the internet and now social media to avoid finding out the resluts b4 hand......yes I take my Olympic coverage that seriously!!!
Props to British PM David Cameron and London mayor Boris Johnson for not allowing Mitt Romney to take liberties yesterday w/ his snide comments about London"not being ready to host the Olympics" who the fuck are you to come to our country and talk shit???you're a guest,remember that and behave like one pal,East London was a hot bed for mobsters back in the day,two words....The Krays.....nuff said!!!

Knocked out my easy 8 miler yesterday afternoon,the heat made a tempo run null and void and trust me my running gear was drenched in sweat by the time I was done,that puts me at 20 miles for the week,back to back rest days now b4 Sundays final repeat session the time honoured 6x600m repeats to close out the week at 25 miles and put me one step closer my "Olympics" next weekend in Lisle at Masters Nationals.

No comments: