Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Snaping Back To Reality



At some point in time the merry go round stops,for me it was Monday after an enjoyable 9 days of having family in town my sister Lynn had flown back to the "motherland" and my brother in law Chris was heading down to DC for a week on bussiness.....but it sure was fun while it lasted!!!

Since Saturdays repeats I knocked out a final 14 mile long run to rack up my final 40 mile week till post Nationals,it was a lot less of a grind than the previous Sunday.....thankfully!!
Monday saw me begin my taper not only for Nationals but also this weekends eager antisipated Heywards Classic at famed Heywards Field.
I figured I'd get my long run for the week out of the way first,hence the 8 miler and ergo the "8 Mile" reference......see a method to my madness!!

2 comments:

MarkZamek said...

Kevin - Mark Zamek here. I live about an hour north of you but m in Philly for business all the time. Any interest in getting together for some track workouts? Good luck at the Hayward Classic. I ran that last year - its a great venue. Pretty sure I'll be at Nationals so see you there!

kevin f forde said...

Mark,would love to get together for a track workout w/ you sometime,since you're running the 5,000m at Nationals prior to my 800m prelims I'm sure we'll get together that Thursday and hash out the details.
Thanks for the best wishes at Haywards Field,pretty excited about finally running there.
See you in Lisle