Thursday, July 5, 2012

No So Much W/ A Bang.....


BANG! the sound of July 4th fireworks to celebrate America's independence.....
CLUNK!! the sound of the wheels coming off my 4x1 mile repeats yesterday morning.....
Maybe,w/ hindsight I'd have done better to do my repeats on Tuesday afternoon like I normally do them,afterall it was the late great Jumbo Elliott who used to say"get up at the same time each day,go to bed at the same time each day,eat at the same time each day,train at the same time each day.....and god damn it go to the bathroom at the same time each day!!
Looking to combat the heat{Tuesday was day six of the present heat advisory that shows no sign of ending} I opted against "dancing on hot coals" at 3.30pm Tuesday in favour of a mid morning workout yesterday given I had the luxury of a week day day off and promptly arrived at St Joe's at 10.30am.

It was already hot and I pretty much knew after my mile warm up and first two mile repeats I'd be switching from my ultra thin flats to my running shoes,to futher compound my worries I'd left my trusty bandanna on the back of my recliner to dry off after Tuesdays easy 4 miler and while I can't prove the second half colapse of my mile repeats was down to no protection on my head the splits bare out the fact that after a steller workman like opening two repeats it all turned to shite and how!!
It's been a while since I've witnessed a build up of lactic acid like the one I felt in my legs on the opening lap of mile #3 yesterday......jaysus there was enough lactic acid to drown in.....or so it felt like!

So another below par repeat session, w/ five more left on tap I can ill afford to waste any more of my precious repeats.
Today marks 4 weeks till Nationals,Monday marks the first deadline for entries after next to no activity on the status of entry list for the past few weeks it was not surprising to see a marked improvement on the M45 800m and 1,500m lists today,w/ less than awesome times going in to Lisle it would seem pointless waiting to the last minute to add my name to the list so I may well throw my bandanna into the ring tomorrow and have one less thing to concern myself w/......lord knows I need to be concerning myself w/ the brutal heat that is rumoured to brake on Monday and also getting the maximum effort out of Saturdays 6x600m repeats b4 getting my head around next weekends historic trip to Oregon and the Haywards Classic.

No comments: