Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Casting Shadows On The Winter Sky As You Stood There Counting Crows


"One for sorrow,two for joy,three for a girl,four for a boy,five for silver,six for gold,seven for a secret never to be told
Eight for wishes,nine for treasure,ten for years of endless pleasure,eleven for a love so true,twelve to spend an eternity w/ you''

One For Sorrow

Alas,I didn't get to see Counting Crows in Camden on the riverfront on Sunday,more's the pity as I was quite psyched to catch Adam Duritz and co but truth be told I was still recovering from the trip to Eugene from last weekend,most of last week was spent yawning,feeling tired,napping and going to bed early and sleeping later than usual on the weekend,so the prospect of a few hours on my feet Sunday to see them at the XPN Festival didn't coax me off of my living room recliner Sunday evening,more's the pity as I really wanted to see them but w/ a final pre Nationals race on tap in New York tonite the prospect of a long evening/late nite two days b4 also put the kybosh on those thoughts,maybe next time?

Kicked the week off w/ an easy 4 miler around trusty and shadey Clark Park.....when I refer to Clark Park as shady I mean it's lined w/ trees....not the other kind of shady.....
Once again as my taper takes full effect I've cut another day off my weekly training regeim,dividing 25 miles between 5 days was easy enough,spreading it over 6 a little tougher but I've given myself a decent week to get a race,a tempo run and final repeat in b4 slowing things down prior to my departure for Chicago next Wednesday on route to Lisle.

No comments: