Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Slow And Easy


Following the grind of my repeats on Saturday I had to grind out a long run Sunday,14 miles and while no stranger to the 14 mile out and back to and around the Art Museum Loop it had been 5 weeks since my last one{May 27th} and that coupled w/ day four of what feels like a never ending excessive heat warning the results was a pile or sweat soaked running clothes on the living room floor by 11.30am and yours truly stretched out on the bed for two hours b4 tackling the rigours of my day post run.

I opted to go back to back w/ easy days Monday and Tuesday, a four miler around Clark Park allowing full recovery from the weekend and the chance to be fresh for my 4x1 mile repeats on Independence Day not to mention get said repeats in early ie b4 11am as the prospect of hitting Temple post work today at 3pm and "dancing on hot coals" isn't one that grabs me.
I also have family in town this week,my sister and brother in law are in the City Of Brotherly Love for a week so I'm trying to cut my cloth accordingly w/ them and spend precious family time w/ those guys while also staying focused on the mattetr at hand which is Nationals,eye on the prize,it's only four weeks away from Thursday....

No comments: