Monday, July 9, 2012

Cum Feel The Illinois



Ah, D Day......D standing for Deadline for entries for Nationals which are only three weeks away.....time has flown since mid April when I began to get ready for Lisle.
As it stands right now it's looking good for prelims on Thursday in the 800m.....a first since my 06 Masters Nationals debut in Charlotte.
While it does means another race it should allow an 8 man final w/ 16 of us on the status of entries for the 800m,providing all 16 of us show on Thur Aug 2nd I'm guessing 2 semis w/ 8 runners in each first three in each semi advancing to the final plus the two fastest losers,w/ the 5th fastest seed time I should make Saturdays final,if I can improve on my seasons best of 2.09.5 this weekend in Oregon that will increase my chances also.

In the 1,500m we're looking at 21 runners,I've gotta believe a few no shows will reduce the field to somewhere between 16-18,I currently have the 4th fastest seed time....again I aim to reduce my seasons best 4.23.7 this weekend and by doing so improve my chances of making it onto the podium at Nationals......
Gentlemen,start your engines.....

No comments: