Sunday, September 14, 2008

And On The Seventh Day.....................

I didn,t rest for once.
Fridays rain took care of that little detail for me,no big in the general scheme of thing,having handled my business yesterday w/ my mile repeats today was an easy 5 mile recovery run to round out my weekly milage at 30 miles.
A slightly later start than usual as I took advantage of a lie in for once,rest is one of those components we can overlook if we,re not careful and I,ve worked too long and too hard to be bitten in the arse by not paying enough attention to detail and the little things.
I,m sure this week like any week leading upto a major race/championship meet will seem to drag and will also see me overly protective of health and well being issues,GP had mentioned working in an extra rest day to this week which I,m kean to take come Thursday as it,ll allow me a jump start of food shopping instead of doing it all on Saturday,a jump start on that Thursday means an easier trek to the grocery stores Sat,which in turn leaves me more relaxed Saturday period not to mention free to check out the PDR Philadelphia Distance Run expo Saturday during the mid morning/early afternoon.
I,m looking forward top my final hard track workout tomorrow,my last In And Out 400m/mile workout,hill repeats at Belmont on Wednesday b4 200m repeats on Friday.
I have the Motorhead gig also Friday to take my mind off of Sundays huge race,but rest assured when that alarm goes off at 4.45am next Sunday I will be ready.

No comments: