Friday, September 19, 2008

Fire It Up Let The Engines Roll

Long b4 taking on the roll of"conscientious objector"{us citizen or not if we go to war I,m off to Canada!!!}I was a Boy Scout and as a Boy Scout I was taught to "Be prepared"so it was a good job I checked the schedule for use of Franklin Field for tonite b4 leaving there Tuesday evening,if I hadn,t I,d have been S.O.L.not what I needed for my final tune up going into Sunday,s race.
Dib and I had decided on a 6x200m workout for tonite two weeks ago and not being able to access Franklin Field was neither here nor there,I could simulate 200m repeats along Clark Park,and not have to wait untill 6pm to do so,fair play.
After a mile warm up I launched into my 6 x200s,since it wasn,t on a track I didn,t time them,I think "Dibble" just wanted me to "warm up the jets"so to speak and following 3 laps at 2 repeats per lap I threw in a 3 lap cool down to give myself a 4 mile workout for the evening.
It felt funny to be doing the small loops of Clark Park again,it,s been a while since I did them,may be a while b4 I do them again.
Alrighty then I,m off to do irreparable damage to my hearing and go see Motorhead at The Electric Factory,while some may question a my taste in music and b my timing I respond w/ a that,s why Baskin Robins makes 32 flavours and b following recent events I need a venue to blow off some steam,hell it,s not like I,m gonna be front and center in the pit moshing and as long as I hear the gun go off Sunday at 11am I,m ok w/ a little risidual ringing in my ears!!

No comments: