Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Strenght Over Speed

Week #5 of Belmont hill repeats and like week#1 a back to back situation,not the worst thing in the world but not the most ideal w/ 5th Avenue Mile coming up this Sunday, however as in running as is in life it is what it is and dealing w/ it head on was the only way to go.
Coming off of yesterdays inspired In and Out 400s and yes it was inspired....by whom I refuse to divulge{somethings are better kept to ones self I feel!!}I went into todays 3x Parachute and 3x Flagpole w/ a cautionary word from the now recovering "Charlie Dibble"who felt strenght rather than speed was the watch word of the day,he was to get his wish but more by accident than design!!.
Upon arriving home I found myself trying to multitask getting ready to leave,packing my bag,getting changed and catching Champions League highlights,upon arriving at Belmont I realized I,d forgotten to put my stop watch on...............please feel free to insert the ditzy comment if you feel so compelled,however more by accident than design I,d set myself up for the workout GP wanted for me,I can,t stress enough that my oversight was just that an over sight,I,m not that calculated...trust me!!!
Twice around the outside loop b4 heading into the back woods for our final romp up Parachute untill the Catholic League 5k on Oct 15th,Chuck said he thought my first 2 repeats were in the 1.33 region,about what I,ve been running the front side of Parachute in the past two weeks.
My 3x Flagpole according to Chuck were probably,2.04,2.01,1.51,not bad considering I wasn,t going flat out.............I,ll save that for next weeks final hill repeats,6xFlagpole.
A well earnt day off tomorrow,I just discovered my beloved Spurs are going to be on tv in the afternoon as we begin our quest for a 4th Uefa Cup,looks like moi will be heading home straight from work to catch the end of the game b4 tackling grocery shopping,a slightly different way to spend my Thursday afternoon, as a wise man once said"varity is the spice of life"

No comments: