Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Change Of Seasons

As was evident by the floodlights at Franklin Field being turned tonite for the first time this late summer/early fall I was also reminded how the seasons are changing prior to my trek to Franklin Field this evening for my In and Out 400s.
Cast your mind back to mid May and a blog entry I wrote about Chelski losing the Champions League final on penalties to Man Utd,at that stage I was 6,7 weeks into my outdoor season w/ only two races under my belt in the outdoor season,fast forward some four months later,my outdoor season is winding down w/ one final race,5th Avenue Mile left to run this Sunday and today saw the begining of the group stage of the new Champions League which will weave it,s way from now untill mid May of next year,by which time I will have compleated my xc season,indoor season and begun my outdoor season,time nor the seasons stand still.
I might,ve been a day late w/ my final In and Out 400s but trust me I was far from a dollar short!!! following 150m repeats of 21.03, and 20.86, I then set about my 4x400s,last time out I went:60.29,60.49,60.81,61.18 tonite I went 59.24,60.00,59.88,60.00,2 60 flats is amazing,I was 2 100th,s of a second of going 4x400m at 59 seconds,that,s pretty amazing if I say so myself.
Now for the mile,last week I ran my best mile split in these repeats of 5.15.97 and tonite befitting my sixth and final time on this particular repeat I went w/ splits of 1.20,1.22,1.23,64 to clock 5.09.54,I,ve come a long way from week ones 6.02.04.
Given the track is off limits Friday evening this will be my final track workout b4 5th Avenue Mile,I couldn,t have asked for a better send off....oh yeah and as omens go Chelski won their opening Champions League game 4.0 this evening,don,t bet against them going all the way to the final in the Olympic stadium in Rome come May.

No comments: