Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Gospel According To Zack Wylde

Another recovery run and another easy day,it,d be all too easy somedays to just blow off the recovery run but I don,t,aside from being the ldeal bridge between one hard repeat to the next I also know that to be the best runner I can I have to be out there day in,day out no matter what,it helps that I consider it routine and not a chore,it also helps when an icon from a compleatly different realm talks about it in his walk of life.
Enter one Zack Wylde,guitar god and general hero of mine,what turned me onto Zack and his music was a quote when he was inducted into the Rock Walk Hall Of Fame two years ago,"w/out God in your life and w/out family you have nothing"..................to this day on Zack has become something of a role model to me.
Granted I don,t play the guitar but I,ve always said my running was a god given talent,a quote such as Zacks is powerful stuff period but if you were to judge a book by it,s cover you,d come off all wrong w/ Zack,yes he,s an axe welding,beer guzzlin,trucker cursin, s.o.b...........HOWEVER the God and family stuff is gospel to him,read his sleeve notes or see Black Label Society in concert if you doubt me,the point I,m trying to get across is just because you look and act a certain way doesn,t mean you can,t have faith and beliefs.
Here,s another great quote from Zacks bio on his web site,sure he,s talking about playing guitar but it,s a quote that can be applied to anything,I apply it to my running:
"You never turn your back on practicing,that,s what got you to where you,re at.You could be the heavyweight champion of the world but you,ve still gotta train,you,ve still gotta focus on what got you there.When you lose sight of that then everything just falls to shit.I,ll tell ya brother I talk to God everyday and thank him for everything I,ve got"
At a time when I,m enjoy a relaxed tranquil period in my life it,s funny how Black Label Society and Motorhead fuel my workouts,you may not dig Black Label Society,s unique brand of guitar rock but you have to admit Zack Wylde preaches a heady message and that,s what makes getting out there day after day a choice I don,t have to think twice about.
The gospel according to Zack has ended go in peace.....and kick some major butt....Amen!

No comments: