Thursday, September 4, 2008

Life,Love,The Persuit Of Happiness,It,s A Balancing Act

A nice easy 5 mile recovery run this evening,almost an hour later than usual since I did something out of character and did something post work pre workout.
I am as I,ve often stated a creature of habit,I prefer to get done work,come home ,get changed and get out the door right off the bat to take care of my workout be it repeats or recovery run,that,s fine but in running as is in life,it,s all well and good having a schedule but you need to be flexible w/ it also.
The reason for my post work juant was to hit the TLA on South St to get my Motorhead ticket for Fri Sept 19th,again as I,ve stated more than once on these very pages,it,s all well and good being driven,focused and determined w/ my running but I need to balance my life so that while running is #1 it,s not the be all and end all,I don,t want to forsake everything else and end up resenting the fact I put such a high premium on my running,all things in moderation,had 5th Avenue Mile been on Sat Sept 20th as I originally thought there,s no way I,d have seen any concert the nite b4,now that 5th Avenue Mile is on the Sunday I,m free to get my groove on Friday nite at the Electric Factory,I figure a little kick arse music Friday b4 hopefully a little kick arse racing on Sunday,balance it,s a beautiful thing.

No comments: