Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Over The Hills And Far Away

Week 4 of Belmont hill repeats and the first of back to back 3x3,tonite both sides of Parachute next week 3 x the front side of Parachute b4 3x Flagpole b4 the week 6 swansong of 6x Flagpole.
After a two mile warm up Chuck and I headed into the back woods to begin this weeks bill o fare,Chuck joked that we should"write down our times no one would know any differently if we actually ran or not"I responded w/"yeah but where would the fun in that be"reading between the lines Chuck wasn,t ready for tonite but I was and to that end I offered to take out all 6 repeats,an offer Chuck was happy to accept.
Last year I went:1.40.57,1.22.89,1.40.18,1.22.45,1.36.73,1.20.65,my most consitant set of hill repeats last season,sofar in weeks 1,2 and 3 I felt I,d be the model of consistancy no just at Belmont on the hills but also in my mile repeats and In And Out 400s.
1.33.74 for #1 my range last week went from 1.29.58 to 1.37.45 so I was somewhere in the middle.
1.23.38.for my opener on the back side of Parachute,I remembered what GP had said prior to this evening about taking it easy on my hill repeats,5th Avenue Mile is 10 days away now is not the time for throwing caution to the wind.
1.34.67.for #3 in keeping w/ the 2 1.34s I clocked last week on repeats #3 and #4
1.22.73.very much in keeping w/ last years splits.
1.33.29.to close the front side of Parchute and very consistant if I say so myself.
1.17.17. to close out the session,I made my mind up to go after the final repeat to end the session on a high note b4 taking a well earnt mile cool down w/ Chuck,we laughed at the prospect of going 1&2 at the Catholic League xc 5k here in 5 weeks time although the new date Wed Oct 15th is the third date for the race,I fully expect to show up next week for week #5 of Belmont hill repeats to learn a 4th date for Catholic League xc has been set!!!!,not only could Chuck and I go 1&2 we could well be the only 2 runners to show up for a xc race at 5pm on a Wednesday!!!

No comments: