Friday, September 26, 2008

Rubbing Shoulders W/ The Masters Elite

Dispite on and off drizzle today and a later than usual start I still kept my appointment w/ an easy 5 miler,a wise man once said and I quote"you don,t change what took you to the big dance"and on a day when I was mentioned in the same breath as Tony Young,John Hinton,and Pete McGill I was hardly going to blow off a training run,late or drizzle.
To be spoken of along side three of the top Masters milers is indeed an honour and a reward for all my hard work,dedication and sacrifice this year and at a time when "outside the lines" matters both good and bad could easily blindside me I refuse to let myself be compromised,having reached that plateau I now need to kick on,ergo no let up in my schedule.
Tomorrow sees me embark on a 8 race xc season,2 more than last year,my track reputation will count for nothing at Osprey which suits me,I,ll be forced to work as hard as the next runner and I hope that if I do what last year would seem unimaginable and defeat Chuck in a xc race I,ll earn albeit by semi default another club record.
By virtue of tomorrow being my first ever 6k race xc or road it,s a pr,by virtue of the fact it,s a some what anomaly distance whoever finishes first between Chuck and I will earn the club record,like I need more incentive....

No comments: