Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not So Hip

Following last nites workout I was experiencing discomfort in my right hip,in fairness the discomfort had been there for the past week,it felt like a bruise w/out any bruising,in fairness it never hindered me last week,muchless on Sunday,however on repeat #2 or #3 last nite I began to feel an increase in the discomfort level and upon arrival home walking up the basement steps was painful,fast forward several hours to this morning and I again experienced discomfort walking up the subway steps,time to bust out the ice packs and aleve once I got to work and email GP.
His advice was to keep icing it,keep taking anti inflamatories and skip tonites recovery run,when we eventually spoke just b4 lunch time I was pleased to report the ice and aleve had worked wonders and upon discussing the nature and location of the discomfort GP was able to diagnose it as IT related and suggested a stretching exercise I could do tonite to help me recover.
If I,m going to have to suffer an injury be it major or minor I,d rather it be now post season,it remains to be seen if I run tomorrow,period but it,s also possible the weather gods could hold my fate in their hands,we,ll have to see which way the wind blows manana.

No comments: