Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If Venting Was An Olympic Event I,d Be Golden

I realize today,s a rest day but force of habit I,m here at my blog,in light of the bombshell that was dropped on me from a great height last nite I could,ve used a run today.
W/out getting into too much detail my hopes of going to Lathi Finland next year for Worlds were dealt a major hammer blow as an already tight financial budget has gotten an awful lot tighter and dare I say it out of my reach.
Granted Worlds come every two years so my not being to go next year isn,t the be all and end all,Sacremento 2011 would be a lot easier from a fiscal standpoint but who,s to say I,ll be in the shape I,m in now two years from now??
I haven,t written off next years Worlds,I still feel it could happen but last nites extract from the "Book Of Reverlations" has for all intents and purposes thrown an industrial size spanner into the works.
First things first I need to be 100% focused on 5th Avenue Mile Sunday,post race GP and I will sit down and map out a blue print for next season Worlds or no Worlds, begining the following Saturday w/ a XC 6K at Stockton College b4 then I have 200m repeats to take care of tomorrow,I look forward to be able to run.

No comments: