Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Eight And Eight

Eight weeks from today I'll be in Sacramento the day b4 this years Masters Nationals begin.
Tonite was an eight miler as my countdown to Friday's 5,000m race continues.
Eight miles is somewhat of an anomaly of a distance for me,more often than not it's ten miles,or a six miles the day b4 a race,in fact I had to check my log to see when I last ran 8 miles,April 14th two days b4 my 10,000m at Widener when I clocked 60 minutes.
Conditions were warm but it feels like the temperature is getting cooler since Monday,I'm hoping my recent run of weather effected races{cool at Swarthmore,rained out at Ichan}won't continue Friday at West Chester,there's talk of thunderstorms,all I can do is prepare as best I can and hope for the best.
Ran 58 minutes this evening,I was oblivious to my previous time until after the run,in fairness it was never about time it was about putting the miles in but two minutes faster is two minutes faster.
I look forward to an easy 6 miler tomorrow and getting ready for my race Friday

No comments: